Northern Suburbs News
Lauren Spierer parents file suit against 3 classmates
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana -- An attorney for the parents of a missing Indiana University student say their lawsuit against three men who were her the night she was last seen is meant at seeking answers about what happened more than two years ago.
The federal lawsuit claims the three fellow students supplied alcohol to an intoxicated Lauren Spierer and failed to care for her. The 20-year-old from Greenburgh, N.Y., vanished June 3, 2011, after a night of partying in downtown Bloomington.
Attorney Jason Barclay tells The Herald-Times and The Indianapolis Star that Robert and Charlene Spierer are using the legal system "to obtain answers to questions that have gone unanswered for too long."
The Associated Press left messages Thursday for attorneys for the three men seeking comment on the lawsuit.
westchester county, scarsdale, lauren spierer, missing person, northern suburbs news
- At least 2 dead, 22 hurt in East Harlem explosion 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 57 min ago
- Metro-North service changes due to East Harlem explosion 29 min ago
- Video: Emergency personnel investigating East... 19 min ago
- Video: How will the East Harlem explosion affect... 29 min ago
- Video: Building explosion rattles East Harlem 34 min ago
- Video: De Blasio: Gas leak complaint came in 15... 35 min ago
- Video: Residents near East Harlem explosion... 35 min ago
- Video: Woman hears East Harlem Explosion, thought...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination