Northern Suburbs News
Man drowns in lake at Bear Mountain State Park
BEAR MOUNTAIN -- Authorities say a 40-year-old man drowned while swimming in Hessian Lake in Bear Mountain State Park.
The death on Thursday afternoon was the second there in less than two weeks. A 16-year-old Brooklyn boy on a class trip drowned there on June 24.
State parks officials said Friday that the victim, Refugio Jimenez, had been visiting the park with his family.
Signs at the lake say swimming is prohibited.
The lake is near the Orange County hamlet of Fort Montgomery, 46 miles north of New York City.
drowning, rockland county, northern suburbs news
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler 34 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 41 min ago
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 42 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
41 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
34 min ago