Northern Suburbs News
Police: Stratford woman carjacked, assaulted, shot
STRATFORD (WABC) -- Police in Connecticut are investigating a carjacking and shooting that landed a 22-year-old Stratford woman in the hospital.
The incident happened shortly before 11 p.m. Tuesday.
The victim was found by a passerby emerging from Beardsley Park.
Medics determined she had been shot in the leg, and she was taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
She stated to investigators that she had been carjacked, forced to drive around, then brought into Beardsley Park, where she was assaulted by two males.
The victim told police she was at a gas station on Huntington Turnpike when two black males approached her. One got into the back seat of her vehicle, put a gun to her head and ordered her to drive. They ended up at Beverly Place near East Main Street, where the second suspect appeared.
It remains unclear how he got there, because he wasn't in her car, and she didn't see a vehicle following them.
The two men forced her to walk into the park, where they allegedly attempted to sexually assault her. She said she resisted, and was assaulted and shot.
A large police presence, with assistance from the state police and neighboring towns, responded and searched the area.
No suspects were located.
The incident remains under investigation.
connecticut, stratford, carjacking, shooting, northern suburbs news
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Most Metro-North service resumes on Hudson Line
- Moriches boat crash injures 3 fishermen
- Search for missing teenager in Linden, New Jersey
- Woman's body discovered in Rochelle Park 2 min ago
- Police ID suspect in NJ Marine's murder
- Wake for one of high school sweethearts killed in crash
- Prospect Park Zoo welcomes two new Zebus 4 min ago
- Newtown 911 calls to be released Wednesday
- 'Fast & Furious 7' halted after Paul Walker's death
- ESPN Source: Ellsbury, Yanks agree on 7-year deal
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos