Northern Suburbs News
NWS to investigate possible Connecticut tornadoes
HARTFORD, Conn. -- The National Weather Service says it will investigate whether damage during severe thunderstorms in parts of Connecticut were from brief tornadoes.
Bob Thompson, a meteorologist at the National Weather Service in Taunton, Mass., said Wednesday evening that there were two possible tornadoes, one in the Tolland area and the other in the Coventry-Storrs area. He said, "We can't be entirely sure."
The weather service issued tornado warnings for those areas Wednesday afternoon for radar indications of storm rotation.
There were reports of downed trees in Tolland, Coventry and Mansfield, and a barn damaged in the Coventry area. No major structural damage or injuries were reported.
Last week, the weather service determined that three small, brief tornadoes touched down July 1 in Greenwich, Stamford, Enfield and Windsor Locks.
tornado, connecticut, northern suburbs news
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash 34 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- New measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 54 min ago
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 54 min ago
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker 31 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns' 59 min ago
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash...
54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather...
34 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
54 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos