Northern Suburbs News
White Plains rabbi arrested 4th time for impersonating cop
HAWTHORNE -- A White Plains rabbi has been charged for the fourth time with flashing a fake badge during a confrontation with another motorist.
State police say Rabbi Alfredo Borodowski surrendered Wednesday on a misdemeanor charge of impersonating a police officer.
He allegedly pulled up behind a woman's car on an exit ramp in Greenburgh in May. Police say he got out of his car, waved a badge, banged on her window and threatened to arrest her for driving too slowly and recklessly.
He then drove off.
The rabbi faces similar charges in Mamaroneck (muh-MEHR'-uh-nehk), White Plains and Yonkers. He has pleaded not guilty.
His lawyer says the incidents are the result of a bipolar disorder.
He's due in court Aug. 2 on the latest charge.
rabbi, arrest, police impersonation, westchester county, mamaroneck, white plains, northern suburbs news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos