Northern Suburbs News
White Plains rabbi arrested 4th time for impersonating cop
HAWTHORNE -- A White Plains rabbi has been charged for the fourth time with flashing a fake badge during a confrontation with another motorist.
State police say Rabbi Alfredo Borodowski surrendered Wednesday on a misdemeanor charge of impersonating a police officer.
He allegedly pulled up behind a woman's car on an exit ramp in Greenburgh in May. Police say he got out of his car, waved a badge, banged on her window and threatened to arrest her for driving too slowly and recklessly.
He then drove off.
The rabbi faces similar charges in Mamaroneck (muh-MEHR'-uh-nehk), White Plains and Yonkers. He has pleaded not guilty.
His lawyer says the incidents are the result of a bipolar disorder.
He's due in court Aug. 2 on the latest charge.
rabbi, arrest, police impersonation, westchester county, mamaroneck, white plains, northern suburbs news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster 56 min ago
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery 36 min ago
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms 33 min ago
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus 11 min ago
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital