Northern Suburbs News
White Plains rabbi arrested 4th time for impersonating cop
HAWTHORNE -- A White Plains rabbi has been charged for the fourth time with flashing a fake badge during a confrontation with another motorist.
State police say Rabbi Alfredo Borodowski surrendered Wednesday on a misdemeanor charge of impersonating a police officer.
He allegedly pulled up behind a woman's car on an exit ramp in Greenburgh in May. Police say he got out of his car, waved a badge, banged on her window and threatened to arrest her for driving too slowly and recklessly.
He then drove off.
The rabbi faces similar charges in Mamaroneck (muh-MEHR'-uh-nehk), White Plains and Yonkers. He has pleaded not guilty.
His lawyer says the incidents are the result of a bipolar disorder.
He's due in court Aug. 2 on the latest charge.
rabbi, arrest, police impersonation, westchester county, mamaroneck, white plains, northern suburbs news
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 56 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87 44 min ago
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog 52 min ago
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay 51 min ago
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
56 min ago