Northern Suburbs News
White Plains rabbi arrested 4th time for impersonating cop
HAWTHORNE -- A White Plains rabbi has been charged for the fourth time with flashing a fake badge during a confrontation with another motorist.
State police say Rabbi Alfredo Borodowski surrendered Wednesday on a misdemeanor charge of impersonating a police officer.
He allegedly pulled up behind a woman's car on an exit ramp in Greenburgh in May. Police say he got out of his car, waved a badge, banged on her window and threatened to arrest her for driving too slowly and recklessly.
He then drove off.
The rabbi faces similar charges in Mamaroneck (muh-MEHR'-uh-nehk), White Plains and Yonkers. He has pleaded not guilty.
His lawyer says the incidents are the result of a bipolar disorder.
He's due in court Aug. 2 on the latest charge.
rabbi, arrest, police impersonation, westchester county, mamaroneck, white plains, northern suburbs news
- 90-minute delays linger after LIRR service suspension 19 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Photos: Weather whiplash 55 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NYC home invasion robbery suspects caught on camera
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody 37 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat 58 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures