Northern Suburbs News
Heroin found in Hello Kitty backpack
STAMFORD, Conn. (WABC) -- Stamford Police uncovered heroin in an unusual place, a child's Hello Kitty backpack.
The bag was filled with illegal drugs and now a couple is under arrest and their child is in protective custody.
Police say a 4-year-girl was taken on an out-of-state trip to buy drugs.
Police have arrested 43-year-old Miguel Vasquez and 27-year-old Justine Martinez who they say went to New York to purchase heroin to resell in Stamford.
Police had gotten a tip and narcotics officers were waiting when the couple pulled up to the homeless shelter they reside in.
Police say the Hello Kitty bag contained 72 glassine envelopes of heroin, cash and a pair of brass knuckles.
The arrest is the sixth in the last week Stamford Police have made of heroin dealers, all with a similar M.O.
drug arrest, connecticut, stamford, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures