Northern Suburbs News
Heroin found in Hello Kitty backpack
STAMFORD, Conn. (WABC) -- Stamford Police uncovered heroin in an unusual place, a child's Hello Kitty backpack.
The bag was filled with illegal drugs and now a couple is under arrest and their child is in protective custody.
Police say a 4-year-girl was taken on an out-of-state trip to buy drugs.
Police have arrested 43-year-old Miguel Vasquez and 27-year-old Justine Martinez who they say went to New York to purchase heroin to resell in Stamford.
Police had gotten a tip and narcotics officers were waiting when the couple pulled up to the homeless shelter they reside in.
Police say the Hello Kitty bag contained 72 glassine envelopes of heroin, cash and a pair of brass knuckles.
The arrest is the sixth in the last week Stamford Police have made of heroin dealers, all with a similar M.O.
drug arrest, connecticut, stamford, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 2 min ago
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
2 min ago