Northern Suburbs News
Funeral services for state trooper in Middletown
MIDDLETOWN, N.Y. -- Gov. Andrew Cuomo will join law enforcement officers from across New York at the funeral of a state trooper who died from injuries suffered two years ago at the scene of a double plane crash.
Funeral services for Trooper Winston I. Martindale, Jr. are being held late Tuesday morning at Christian Faith Fellowship in Middletown.
State police officials say Martindale died last Wednesday after surgery at a New York City hospital.
Martindale fell on a piece of equipment while responding to the crash of two small planes in May 2011 in Orange County. Despite suffering internal bleeding, Martindale stayed at the scene for six hours.
Martindale was a seven-year veteran of the state police and an Army veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan. His survivors include his wife and two children.
northern suburbs news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- Pope Francis celebrates Easter with prayers for peace
- Up Close with Diana Williams
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos