Northern Suburbs News
Mosquitos test positive for West Nile in Westchester
RYE BROOK, N.Y. (WABC) -- There is a health warning in Westchester County.
For the first time this year, mosquitos have tested positive for the West Nile Virus.
The mosquitos were collected in Rye Brook.
Last year, there were 29 positive batches found in the county and four human cases.
Residents are being warned to get rid of standing water.
rye brook, west nile virus, northern suburbs news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual 32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance 40 min ago
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County 6 min ago
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen