Northern Suburbs News
Poughkeepsie woman, 99, was murdered, officials say
POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Investigators say 99-year-old Fannie Gumbinger died at the hands of a killer.
Gumbinger was found dead on Wednesday in her house in Poughkeepsie. Police will only say that she suffered multiple injuries.
For two days, police have cordoned off the home on Underhill Aenue, collecting evidence.
Detectives are also trying to determine whether there's a link to another burglary Wednesday night just blocks away.
Jacqueline Solomon described her 99 year old aunt as someone who was still sharp as a tack. She says she was an upbeat, opinionated woman - a lady who loved to lunch with her friends.
Over the years, Gumbinger outlived her friends, husband and siblings. She suffered from a bad leg and hip, and her outings were less frequent. Home aids would visit every day to provide care and meals.
Solomon says if robbery was a motive, there wasn't much to be had.
Police are asking anyone who observed any suspicious activity in the area to call city detectives at (845) 451-4142.
poughkeepsie, body found, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire 38 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Spring Valley police to announce arrest in Baby Angel case
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in 56 min ago
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- NYC baby brought to hospital by parents pronounced dead 11 min ago
- FDA pushes to get antibiotics out of meat 19 min ago
- LI pet store thief wanted for stealing puppy 12 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela ceremony called a 'fake' 21 min ago
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
56 min ago