Northern Suburbs News
Poughkeepsie woman, 99, was murdered, officials say
POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Investigators say 99-year-old Fannie Gumbinger died at the hands of a killer.
Gumbinger was found dead on Wednesday in her house in Poughkeepsie. Police will only say that she suffered multiple injuries.
For two days, police have cordoned off the home on Underhill Aenue, collecting evidence.
Detectives are also trying to determine whether there's a link to another burglary Wednesday night just blocks away.
Jacqueline Solomon described her 99 year old aunt as someone who was still sharp as a tack. She says she was an upbeat, opinionated woman - a lady who loved to lunch with her friends.
Over the years, Gumbinger outlived her friends, husband and siblings. She suffered from a bad leg and hip, and her outings were less frequent. Home aids would visit every day to provide care and meals.
Solomon says if robbery was a motive, there wasn't much to be had.
Police are asking anyone who observed any suspicious activity in the area to call city detectives at (845) 451-4142.
poughkeepsie, body found, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in basement 23 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
- NYC Sanitation Commissioner John Doherty retiring
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Malaysian leader: plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in...
23 min ago