Northern Suburbs News
Police arrest suspect in death of 99-year old Poughkeepsie woman
POUGHKEEPSIE (WABC) -- A 20-year old Poughkeepsie man is charged with murder and burglary in the death of a 99-year-old city woman.
The suspect is being held at Dutchess County Jail without bail.
Fannie Gumbinger was found dead on Wednesday in her house on Underhill Avenue in Poughkeepsie. Police will only say that she suffered multiple injuries.
Detectives have been trying to determine whether there's a link to another burglary Wednesday night just blocks away.
Jacqueline Solomon described her 99 year old aunt as someone who was still sharp as a tack. She says she was an upbeat, opinionated woman - a lady who loved to lunch with her friends.
Over the years, Gumbinger outlived her friends, husband and siblings. She suffered from a bad leg and hip, and her outings were less frequent. Home aids would visit every day to provide care and meals.
Solomon says if robbery was a motive, there wasn't much to be had.
northern suburbs news
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 27 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players 44 min ago
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay 55 min ago
- Lonely Michigan boy gets GMA surprise party
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85 9 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
27 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos