Northern Suburbs News
2 teens dead, 2 seriously injured in Dutchess County wreck
DUTCHESS COUNTY (WABC) -- Two teenagers are dead and two others seriously injured after a devastating car crash in Dutchess County.
The one-car crash happened around 4 p.m. Thursday on Schultz Hill Road in Pine Plains.
Deputies who arrived on the scene found 16-year-old Zachary Pruner, of Stanfordville, and 17-year-old Gian Paolo Stagnaro, of Pine Planes, both dead.
The officials say 16-year-old Dustin Hale, of Pine Plains, was taken to Albany Medical Center with life-threatening injuries. Niall Johnson, also 16 and from Pine Plains, is at St. Francis Hospital in Poughkeepsie with non-life-threatening injuries.
Deputies say Hale was driving the car when it left the road, hit several trees and overturned. Police say unsafe speed and reckless driving appear to have contributed to the crash.
dutchess county, accident, northern suburbs news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash