Northern Suburbs News
2 teens dead, 2 seriously injured in Dutchess County wreck
DUTCHESS COUNTY (WABC) -- Two teenagers are dead and two others seriously injured after a devastating car crash in Dutchess County.
The one-car crash happened around 4 p.m. Thursday on Schultz Hill Road in Pine Plains.
Deputies who arrived on the scene found 16-year-old Zachary Pruner, of Stanfordville, and 17-year-old Gian Paolo Stagnaro, of Pine Planes, both dead.
The officials say 16-year-old Dustin Hale, of Pine Plains, was taken to Albany Medical Center with life-threatening injuries. Niall Johnson, also 16 and from Pine Plains, is at St. Francis Hospital in Poughkeepsie with non-life-threatening injuries.
Deputies say Hale was driving the car when it left the road, hit several trees and overturned. Police say unsafe speed and reckless driving appear to have contributed to the crash.
dutchess county, accident, northern suburbs news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97