Northern Suburbs News
Tarrytown shooting death treated as suspicious
TARRYTOWN (WABC) -- Police have labeled the death of 23-year old Megan Bookstaver in Westchester County as suspicious.
She was shot and killed on Monday while in her boyfriend's bedroom, police say.
Investigators say the couple and another male friend were examining guns when a single shot was fired that struck Bookstaver in the head.
Police say they still don't know the exact circumstances or even who was holding the weapon at the time.
The shooting took place at Hudson Harbor, which is a new development of million dollar townhouses in Tarrytown.
The home belongs to Robert Gaulin, an entertainment lawyer. His son, Eric Gaulin, is a recent graduate from Elon University and works at a Harley Davidson dealership in New Rochelle.
Bookstaver is originally from Long Island. Sources describe the couple as shooting enthusiasts.
A car parked in the family's driveway on Tuesday morning was loaded with shooting supplies.
westchester county, body found, shooting, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer 51 min ago
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park 42 min ago
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland 30 min ago
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32 37 min ago
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
1 min ago