Northern Suburbs News
Norwalk school lockdown lifted after gunshots report
NORWALK (WABC) -- Cranbury Elementary School in Norwalk was placed on lockdown as a precaution after a teacher reported hearing gunshots nearby.
Police say the teacher inside Cranbury School reported what they believed may have been gunshots from outside the school in Cranbury Acres Park around 11:25 a.m.
The school was placed in lockdown as a precaution as officers responded.
Two officers were in the immediate vicinity, but they did not locate anything suspicious.
Officials said other officers checked the area, canvassed individuals walking in the area as well as at Cranbury Park and no other reports of shots were received.
Officers continued to check the surrounding areas, including the trails in Cranbury Park, but nothing was found.
The lockdown was lifted just before 12:30 p.m.
connecticut, norwalk, school lockdown, northern suburbs news
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Plane's nose gear collapses at Philadelphia airport
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Man in 'Modern Family' star groping appears in court
- $353 million up for grabs in Mega Millions drawing Friday