Northern Suburbs News
Norwalk school lockdown lifted after gunshots report
NORWALK (WABC) -- Cranbury Elementary School in Norwalk was placed on lockdown as a precaution after a teacher reported hearing gunshots nearby.
Police say the teacher inside Cranbury School reported what they believed may have been gunshots from outside the school in Cranbury Acres Park around 11:25 a.m.
The school was placed in lockdown as a precaution as officers responded.
Two officers were in the immediate vicinity, but they did not locate anything suspicious.
Officials said other officers checked the area, canvassed individuals walking in the area as well as at Cranbury Park and no other reports of shots were received.
Officers continued to check the surrounding areas, including the trails in Cranbury Park, but nothing was found.
The lockdown was lifted just before 12:30 p.m.
connecticut, norwalk, school lockdown, northern suburbs news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter 9 min ago
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys 46 min ago
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court 56 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos