Northern Suburbs News
Norwalk school lockdown lifted after gunshots report
NORWALK (WABC) -- Cranbury Elementary School in Norwalk was placed on lockdown as a precaution after a teacher reported hearing gunshots nearby.
Police say the teacher inside Cranbury School reported what they believed may have been gunshots from outside the school in Cranbury Acres Park around 11:25 a.m.
The school was placed in lockdown as a precaution as officers responded.
Two officers were in the immediate vicinity, but they did not locate anything suspicious.
Officials said other officers checked the area, canvassed individuals walking in the area as well as at Cranbury Park and no other reports of shots were received.
Officers continued to check the surrounding areas, including the trails in Cranbury Park, but nothing was found.
The lockdown was lifted just before 12:30 p.m.
connecticut, norwalk, school lockdown, northern suburbs news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees