Northern Suburbs News
Norwalk school lockdown lifted after gunshots report
NORWALK (WABC) -- Cranbury Elementary School in Norwalk was placed on lockdown as a precaution after a teacher reported hearing gunshots nearby.
Police say the teacher inside Cranbury School reported what they believed may have been gunshots from outside the school in Cranbury Acres Park around 11:25 a.m.
The school was placed in lockdown as a precaution as officers responded.
Two officers were in the immediate vicinity, but they did not locate anything suspicious.
Officials said other officers checked the area, canvassed individuals walking in the area as well as at Cranbury Park and no other reports of shots were received.
Officers continued to check the surrounding areas, including the trails in Cranbury Park, but nothing was found.
The lockdown was lifted just before 12:30 p.m.
connecticut, norwalk, school lockdown, northern suburbs news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos