Northern Suburbs News
Norwalk school lockdown lifted after gunshots report
NORWALK (WABC) -- Cranbury Elementary School in Norwalk was placed on lockdown as a precaution after a teacher reported hearing gunshots nearby.
Police say the teacher inside Cranbury School reported what they believed may have been gunshots from outside the school in Cranbury Acres Park around 11:25 a.m.
The school was placed in lockdown as a precaution as officers responded.
Two officers were in the immediate vicinity, but they did not locate anything suspicious.
Officials said other officers checked the area, canvassed individuals walking in the area as well as at Cranbury Park and no other reports of shots were received.
Officers continued to check the surrounding areas, including the trails in Cranbury Park, but nothing was found.
The lockdown was lifted just before 12:30 p.m.
connecticut, norwalk, school lockdown, northern suburbs news
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos