Northern Suburbs News
3 teens charged with raping student at Mount St. Mary College
NEWBURGH -- Authorities say three male students have been charged with raping a female student inside a dormitory at a Hudson Valley college.
Police in the city of Newburgh tell local media outlets that the freshman student was attacked early Sunday morning in a dorm at Mount Saint Mary College.
Police say the suspects are 17-year-old Michael Curatola from Brooklyn and two 18-year-olds, Glendon Glashen from Hempstead and William Service from Rocky Point on Long Island. The three freshmen were charged with first-degree rape and released on $25,000 bail apiece after being arraigned earlier this week in Newburgh City Court.
Mount Saint Mary is a private, liberal arts college with an enrollment of about 2,700. It's located in Newburgh, 60 miles north of New York City.
newburgh, nyc news, brooklyn news, long island news, hempstead, rape, northern suburbs news
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Train derail victim's brother speaks out about her death
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- 'Tips for Jesus' man leaves tips worth thousands
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases