Northern Suburbs News
15 injured after carnival ride accident in Norwalk
NORWALK (WABC) -- Fifteen people were injured in a carnival ride accident in Norwalk, Connecticut. The incident happened when a swing ride apparently lost power at the Oyster Festival at Veterans Memorial Park in Norwalk.
All but one of the injured were children.
According to the Norwalk Police Department, a "swing" ride in the Kids Cove apparently lost power, causing the children on the ride to forcefully fall on the ground.
Those with minor injuries were treated and released from the scene.
Several children were more seriously injured, and were transported to Norwalk, Stamford and Bridgeport Hospitals with their parents.
The Oyster Fest remained open during the time of the incident. Other rides were halted while state inspectors checked them out.
Troopers with state police fire and explosion unit are investigating the cause of the failure.
northern suburbs news
- 4 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 32 min ago
- Water main eyed in East Harlem gas explosion 15 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath and Beyond
- Haverstraw condo complex evacuated due to gas leak 59 min ago
- Major delays on NJ Transit after Newark tanker explosion 28 min ago
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Suspect in terrifying Brooklyn sex assault caught on camera
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- Alleged drunk driver rams crowd, kills 2 at SXSW in Texas