Northern Suburbs News
15 injured after carnival ride accident in Norwalk
NORWALK (WABC) -- Fifteen people were injured in a carnival ride accident in Norwalk, Connecticut. The incident happened when a swing ride apparently lost power at the Oyster Festival at Veterans Memorial Park in Norwalk.
All but one of the injured were children.
According to the Norwalk Police Department, a "swing" ride in the Kids Cove apparently lost power, causing the children on the ride to forcefully fall on the ground.
Those with minor injuries were treated and released from the scene.
Several children were more seriously injured, and were transported to Norwalk, Stamford and Bridgeport Hospitals with their parents.
The Oyster Fest remained open during the time of the incident. Other rides were halted while state inspectors checked them out.
Troopers with state police fire and explosion unit are investigating the cause of the failure.
northern suburbs news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall