Northern Suburbs News
15 injured after carnival ride accident in Norwalk
NORWALK (WABC) -- Fifteen people were injured in a carnival ride accident in Norwalk, Connecticut. The incident happened when a swing ride apparently lost power at the Oyster Festival at Veterans Memorial Park in Norwalk.
All but one of the injured were children.
According to the Norwalk Police Department, a "swing" ride in the Kids Cove apparently lost power, causing the children on the ride to forcefully fall on the ground.
Those with minor injuries were treated and released from the scene.
Several children were more seriously injured, and were transported to Norwalk, Stamford and Bridgeport Hospitals with their parents.
The Oyster Fest remained open during the time of the incident. Other rides were halted while state inspectors checked them out.
Troopers with state police fire and explosion unit are investigating the cause of the failure.
northern suburbs news
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 9 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
9 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos