Northern Suburbs News
15 injured after carnival ride accident in Norwalk
NORWALK (WABC) -- Fifteen people were injured in a carnival ride accident in Norwalk, Connecticut. The incident happened when a swing ride apparently lost power at the Oyster Festival at Veterans Memorial Park in Norwalk.
All but one of the injured were children.
According to the Norwalk Police Department, a "swing" ride in the Kids Cove apparently lost power, causing the children on the ride to forcefully fall on the ground.
Those with minor injuries were treated and released from the scene.
Several children were more seriously injured, and were transported to Norwalk, Stamford and Bridgeport Hospitals with their parents.
The Oyster Fest remained open during the time of the incident. Other rides were halted while state inspectors checked them out.
Troopers with state police fire and explosion unit are investigating the cause of the failure.
northern suburbs news
- Los Angeles earthquake felt by residents 16 min ago
- Guinness drops St. Pat's Day parade sponsorship
- AccuWeather: Snow for some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head 46 min ago
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Russian media warns of turning US into 'radioactive dust'
- Chris Brown kicked out of rehab, facing jail time
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon