Northern Suburbs News
1st human case of West Nile virus found in Westchester
YONKERS (WABC) -- Health officials say they've seen the first human case of West Nile virus this year in Westchester County.
Authorities say a 73-year-old man from Yonkers is hospitalized with the mosquito-borne virus.
Last year, there were four cases of the West Nile virus found in humans.
Health officials are urging people who live in the area to take extra precautions against mosquitoes.
The illness is characterized principally by joint and muscle pain and diarrhea.
west nile virus, westchester county, westchester news, yonkers, northern suburbs news
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Malaysia Airlines says plane went missing 15 min ago
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD 7 min ago
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85 41 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos