Northern Suburbs News
Rockland County hit hard by late summer storm
NEW CITY, N.Y. (WABC) -- Thursday's late summer storm caused lots of problems for Rockland County residents.
Downed trees brought down power lines in the hamlet of New City.
Clarkstown crews quickly cleaned up and cleared out the tree that toppled these power polls on Zukor Road in New City, lines, transformers, and all, giving the power company room to work.
As lightning lit up the night sky, drivers crept through flood waters on Route 304 in Clarkstown.
Officers directed traffic at seven major intersections where traffic lights went out including where 59 and 46 meet in Monsey.
And early in the afternoon Thursday, a tree split in half, hitting a car at Demarest and Highland Avenues in West Nyack.
And on Preakness Lane in New City another tree pulled down power lines, fortunately neighbors did not lose power.
They described what went through as ominous.
rockland county, new city, storm damage, storm, northern suburbs news, carolina leid
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 49 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos