Northern Suburbs News
World's oldest man dies at 112 in upstate New York
GRAND ISLAND (WABC) -- An upstate New York man believed to be the world's oldest man has died at the age of 112.
Guiness World Records says Salus-Tiano Sanchez-Blasquez died at a nursing home in Grand Island.
He was born in Spain and came to the United States through Ellis Island in 1920.
He worked as a coal miner and a construction worker, and he credited a banana a day and six Anacin tablets for his longevity.
His daughter says he was just an "independent, stubborn man."
northern suburbs news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at N.J. shopping center 37 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- US deploys 600 troops to Ukraine border nations 31 min ago
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- One dead, another rescued in Long Island fire
- Not so fast! Palcohol not approved by federal government
- Passengers step up to help elderly man in bus brawl
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- Brooklyn hit and run suspect identified by police
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos