Northern Suburbs News
World's oldest man dies at 112 in upstate New York
GRAND ISLAND (WABC) -- An upstate New York man believed to be the world's oldest man has died at the age of 112.
Guiness World Records says Salus-Tiano Sanchez-Blasquez died at a nursing home in Grand Island.
He was born in Spain and came to the United States through Ellis Island in 1920.
He worked as a coal miner and a construction worker, and he credited a banana a day and six Anacin tablets for his longevity.
His daughter says he was just an "independent, stubborn man."
northern suburbs news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos