Northern Suburbs News
World's oldest man dies at 112 in upstate New York
GRAND ISLAND (WABC) -- An upstate New York man believed to be the world's oldest man has died at the age of 112.
Guiness World Records says Salus-Tiano Sanchez-Blasquez died at a nursing home in Grand Island.
He was born in Spain and came to the United States through Ellis Island in 1920.
He worked as a coal miner and a construction worker, and he credited a banana a day and six Anacin tablets for his longevity.
His daughter says he was just an "independent, stubborn man."
northern suburbs news
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Triple stabbing at Stamford High School
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos