Northern Suburbs News
World's oldest man dies at 112 in upstate New York
GRAND ISLAND (WABC) -- An upstate New York man believed to be the world's oldest man has died at the age of 112.
Guiness World Records says Salus-Tiano Sanchez-Blasquez died at a nursing home in Grand Island.
He was born in Spain and came to the United States through Ellis Island in 1920.
He worked as a coal miner and a construction worker, and he credited a banana a day and six Anacin tablets for his longevity.
His daughter says he was just an "independent, stubborn man."
northern suburbs news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler 29 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway 39 min ago
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Suspect questioned after body found in container 21 min ago
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- Pope Francis celebrates Easter with prayers for peace 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
29 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos