Northern Suburbs News
World's oldest man dies at 112 in upstate New York
GRAND ISLAND (WABC) -- An upstate New York man believed to be the world's oldest man has died at the age of 112.
Guiness World Records says Salus-Tiano Sanchez-Blasquez died at a nursing home in Grand Island.
He was born in Spain and came to the United States through Ellis Island in 1920.
He worked as a coal miner and a construction worker, and he credited a banana a day and six Anacin tablets for his longevity.
His daughter says he was just an "independent, stubborn man."
northern suburbs news
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Sunday snow storm
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings
- Bus driver suffers medical emergency, 2 injured
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey