Northern Suburbs News
Massive Bridgeport fire leaves dozens homeless
BRIDGEPORT -- A large fire has torn through several multi-family homes in Bridgeport, leaving scores of people homeless.
No deaths were reported in the Tuesday morning fire. An unidentified woman had second-degree burns.
Tenants credited working smoke detectors and the fire department's quick response.
Some tenants are being treated for minor burns and smoke inhalation.
The fire erupted at about 2 a.m. and spread to several multi-family buildings. In all, four buildings were damaged, two severely.
Deputy Fire Chief Ismale Pomales said cooking was a likely cause of the blaze.
connecticut news, connecticut, bridgeport, fire, northern suburbs news
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Triple stabbing at Stamford High School
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos