Northern Suburbs News
Massive Bridgeport fire leaves dozens homeless
BRIDGEPORT -- A large fire has torn through several multi-family homes in Bridgeport, leaving scores of people homeless.
No deaths were reported in the Tuesday morning fire. An unidentified woman had second-degree burns.
Tenants credited working smoke detectors and the fire department's quick response.
Some tenants are being treated for minor burns and smoke inhalation.
The fire erupted at about 2 a.m. and spread to several multi-family buildings. In all, four buildings were damaged, two severely.
Deputy Fire Chief Ismale Pomales said cooking was a likely cause of the blaze.
connecticut news, connecticut, bridgeport, fire, northern suburbs news
- LIRR suspended between Huntington, Hicksville 41 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 45 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt 28 min ago
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker 38 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NYC home invasion robbery suspects caught on camera 11 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn;...
28 min ago