Northern Suburbs News
3-alarm fire tears through two building in Yonkers
YONKERS (WABC) -- Firefighters are battling a three-alarm fire that tore through two structures in Yonkers Tuesday morning.
The first broke out at 20 Pier Street around 8:30 a.m. and quickly spread to a neighboring building.
Officials say the building where the fire started is a vacant two-story house.
The second building, 22 Pier Street, is reportedly an occupied four-story apartment building.
Fire officials say 15 adults and two children were displace by the blaze.
No injuries were reported.
More than 70 firefighters from 16 companies responded to the scene, including mutual aid.
yonkers, fire, northern suburbs news
- Suspect identified in attempted baby abduction 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village
- Suspect identified in attempted baby...
8 min ago