Northern Suburbs News
3-alarm fire tears through two building in Yonkers
YONKERS (WABC) -- Firefighters are battling a three-alarm fire that tore through two structures in Yonkers Tuesday morning.
The first broke out at 20 Pier Street around 8:30 a.m. and quickly spread to a neighboring building.
Officials say the building where the fire started is a vacant two-story house.
The second building, 22 Pier Street, is reportedly an occupied four-story apartment building.
Fire officials say 15 adults and two children were displace by the blaze.
No injuries were reported.
More than 70 firefighters from 16 companies responded to the scene, including mutual aid.
yonkers, fire, northern suburbs news
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- New York City issues snow alert
- Police searching for missing Rider U student
- Newtown victims to be remembered Saturday
- Photos: Photos of the Newtown school shooting victims
- Kansas man arrested in car bomb plot at airport 16 min ago
- Christie appointee resigns amid probe 17 min ago
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- Mega Millions rises to $425M for Friday drawing
- Secret Sales: Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans and Photo Books