Northern Suburbs News
3-alarm fire tears through two building in Yonkers
YONKERS (WABC) -- Firefighters are battling a three-alarm fire that tore through two structures in Yonkers Tuesday morning.
The first broke out at 20 Pier Street around 8:30 a.m. and quickly spread to a neighboring building.
Officials say the building where the fire started is a vacant two-story house.
The second building, 22 Pier Street, is reportedly an occupied four-story apartment building.
Fire officials say 15 adults and two children were displace by the blaze.
No injuries were reported.
More than 70 firefighters from 16 companies responded to the scene, including mutual aid.
yonkers, fire, northern suburbs news
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday 29 min ago
- Plane's nose gear collapses at Philadelphia airport 24 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Records: Man in movie theater shooting also was texting
- Man in 'Modern Family' star groping appears in court 29 min ago
- $353 million up for grabs in Mega Millions drawing Friday 49 min ago