Northern Suburbs News
Connecticut 12-year old girl arrested, accused of bullying classmate
STAMFORD, Conn. (WABC) -- A 12-year old girl has been arrested after police say she buillied another student at a private middle school in Stamford.
The situation became to come to light on Sept. 20th. That day the parents of a 13-year old student filed a complaint with police that daughter had been bullied, taunted and harassed by another student at school.
School administrators were notified and police immediately became involved when the bullying increased and the victim made comments about committing suicide.
The 12-year old was taken into custody and charged with disorderly conduct for the alleged bullying. She was later released to the custody of her parents.
"This behavior will not be tolerated by Stamford Police Department. If it is brought to our attention we will vigorously investigate the allegations and make arrests when appropriate," said Stamford Lt. Diedrich Hohn. "We investigate all claims of bullying and this type of behavior will not be condoned in a learning environment."
Hohn said the 12-year old yelled at the victim and pushed her while harasssing her, and was constantly upsetting her.
connecticut news, connecticut, stamford, bullying, northern suburbs news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box 7 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act