Northern Suburbs News
Connecticut 12-year old girl arrested, accused of bullying classmate
STAMFORD, Conn. (WABC) -- A 12-year old girl has been arrested after police say she buillied another student at a private middle school in Stamford.
The situation became to come to light on Sept. 20th. That day the parents of a 13-year old student filed a complaint with police that daughter had been bullied, taunted and harassed by another student at school.
School administrators were notified and police immediately became involved when the bullying increased and the victim made comments about committing suicide.
The 12-year old was taken into custody and charged with disorderly conduct for the alleged bullying. She was later released to the custody of her parents.
"This behavior will not be tolerated by Stamford Police Department. If it is brought to our attention we will vigorously investigate the allegations and make arrests when appropriate," said Stamford Lt. Diedrich Hohn. "We investigate all claims of bullying and this type of behavior will not be condoned in a learning environment."
Hohn said the 12-year old yelled at the victim and pushed her while harasssing her, and was constantly upsetting her.
connecticut news, connecticut, stamford, bullying, northern suburbs news
- Newtown 911 calls released
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Derailment survivor remembers sister who died
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Woman charged with setting minivan fire, kids inside
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease 56 min ago
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Bad Dog: Sunny knocks over child at holiday party
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013