Northern Suburbs News
Connecticut 12-year old girl arrested, accused of bullying classmate
STAMFORD, Conn. (WABC) -- A 12-year old girl has been arrested after police say she buillied another student at a private middle school in Stamford.
The situation became to come to light on Sept. 20th. That day the parents of a 13-year old student filed a complaint with police that daughter had been bullied, taunted and harassed by another student at school.
School administrators were notified and police immediately became involved when the bullying increased and the victim made comments about committing suicide.
The 12-year old was taken into custody and charged with disorderly conduct for the alleged bullying. She was later released to the custody of her parents.
"This behavior will not be tolerated by Stamford Police Department. If it is brought to our attention we will vigorously investigate the allegations and make arrests when appropriate," said Stamford Lt. Diedrich Hohn. "We investigate all claims of bullying and this type of behavior will not be condoned in a learning environment."
Hohn said the 12-year old yelled at the victim and pushed her while harasssing her, and was constantly upsetting her.
connecticut news, connecticut, stamford, bullying, northern suburbs news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76 31 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014 34 min ago
- Up Close with Diana Williams
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos