Northern Suburbs News
SUV goes out of control, kills teen at Yonkers carnival
YONKERS, N.Y. (WABC) -- An out of control SUV hit a group of people attending a church carnival in Yonkers Friday night, killing one person and injuring three others.
It happened around 9 p.m. at St. Paul's Parish Octoberfest and Carnival at McLean Avenue and McCollum Place.
Police say a 2002 Jeep was exiting the parking lot of Coyne Park when it struck three occupied vehicles, four pedestrians, and two parked vehicles before coming to a stop.
One of the pedestrians, a 15-year old girl, was pronounced dead at a local hospital.
A second, a 12-year old girl, is listed in critical condition.
The two others, both 13-year old girls, were treated for minor injuries.
According to police, the driver of the Jeep remained at the scene and was interviewed by detectives. No charges have been filed at this time.
westchester news, westchester county, yonkers, accident, northern suburbs news
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Day Parade
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament 16 min ago
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Up Close with Diana Williams
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos