Northern Suburbs News
SUV goes out of control, kills teen at Yonkers carnival
YONKERS, N.Y. (WABC) -- An out of control SUV hit a group of people attending a church carnival in Yonkers Friday night, killing one person and injuring three others.
It happened around 9 p.m. at St. Paul's Parish Octoberfest and Carnival at McLean Avenue and McCollum Place.
Police say a 2002 Jeep was exiting the parking lot of Coyne Park when it struck three occupied vehicles, four pedestrians, and two parked vehicles before coming to a stop.
One of the pedestrians, a 15-year old girl, was pronounced dead at a local hospital.
A second, a 12-year old girl, is listed in critical condition.
The two others, both 13-year old girls, were treated for minor injuries.
According to police, the driver of the Jeep remained at the scene and was interviewed by detectives. No charges have been filed at this time.
westchester news, westchester county, yonkers, accident, northern suburbs news
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire