Northern Suburbs News
SUV goes out of control, kills teen at Yonkers carnival
YONKERS, N.Y. (WABC) -- An out of control SUV hit a group of people attending a church carnival in Yonkers Friday night, killing one person and injuring three others.
It happened around 9 p.m. at St. Paul's Parish Octoberfest and Carnival at McLean Avenue and McCollum Place.
Police say a 2002 Jeep was exiting the parking lot of Coyne Park when it struck three occupied vehicles, four pedestrians, and two parked vehicles before coming to a stop.
One of the pedestrians, a 15-year old girl, was pronounced dead at a local hospital.
A second, a 12-year old girl, is listed in critical condition.
The two others, both 13-year old girls, were treated for minor injuries.
According to police, the driver of the Jeep remained at the scene and was interviewed by detectives. No charges have been filed at this time.
westchester news, westchester county, yonkers, accident, northern suburbs news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall