Northern Suburbs News
Dutchess County crash claims life of 17-year-old driver
HOLMES (WABC) -- One teenager was killed and two others injured in a one-car crash in Dutchess County early Sunday.
The crash happened on State Route 292 in Holmes at approximately 12:30 a.m.
The driver was identified as 17-year-old Kevin Taylor, who was pronounced dead at the scene.
The passengers were identified as 17-year-old Kendal Spray and 18-year-old Emily Ketchum. Both were transported to Danbury Hospital in Connecticut for the treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
Police say all occupants appear to have been wearing their seat belts at the time of the crash.
The preliminary investigation has indicated that Taylor was operating a 2004 Subaru Impreza southbound on Route 292 near the Dutchess/Putnam border when he lost control while traveling through curves in the roadway.
The vehicle then spun and struck a utility pole and numerous trees before coming to rest.
The investigation is continuing, and unsafe speed is thought to be the main contributing factor in the crash.
Drug and/or alcohol involvement is being investigated, but is not thought to be a factor at this time.
dutchess county, accident, northern suburbs news
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman 52 min ago
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns 36 min ago
- $270 million up for grabs in Friday Mega Millions drawing 18 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos