Northern Suburbs News
Dutchess County crash claims life of 17-year-old driver
HOLMES (WABC) -- One teenager was killed and two others injured in a one-car crash in Dutchess County early Sunday.
The crash happened on State Route 292 in Holmes at approximately 12:30 a.m.
The driver was identified as 17-year-old Kevin Taylor, who was pronounced dead at the scene.
The passengers were identified as 17-year-old Kendal Spray and 18-year-old Emily Ketchum. Both were transported to Danbury Hospital in Connecticut for the treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
Police say all occupants appear to have been wearing their seat belts at the time of the crash.
The preliminary investigation has indicated that Taylor was operating a 2004 Subaru Impreza southbound on Route 292 near the Dutchess/Putnam border when he lost control while traveling through curves in the roadway.
The vehicle then spun and struck a utility pole and numerous trees before coming to rest.
The investigation is continuing, and unsafe speed is thought to be the main contributing factor in the crash.
Drug and/or alcohol involvement is being investigated, but is not thought to be a factor at this time.
dutchess county, accident, northern suburbs news
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela 7 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend 27 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City 7 min ago
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later 5 min ago
- Metro-North derailment victim Jim Lovell to be laid to rest 55 min ago
- L train signal problems in Brooklyn
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
27 min ago