Northern Suburbs News
New Rochelle robbery attempt leaves deli clerk shot
NEW ROCHELLE (WABC) -- An attempted robbery at a deli in New Rochelle went wrong early Thursday, leaving one of the clerks shot.
The bloody scene developed at the Madaba Deli on Huguenot Street and Centre Avenue around 12:30 a.m.
Police say two suspects, a man and a woman in their 20s, entered the business and held up the clerks.
It's unclear how the gunfire came about, but a 42-year-old employees was shot in the leg before the suspects fled without any cash.
On the way out of the store, the suspects tried to rob someone else, as well. But the 34-year-old resisted, and the gunman and his accomplice ran off empty handed.
The victim was taken to the hospital in stable condition with a graze wound and is expected to be okay.
Anyone with information on the suspects is asked to call authorities.
new rochelle, robbery, northern suburbs news
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 9 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Triple stabbing at Stamford High School
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
9 min ago