Northern Suburbs News
New Rochelle robbery attempt leaves deli clerk shot
NEW ROCHELLE (WABC) -- An attempted robbery at a deli in New Rochelle went wrong early Thursday, leaving one of the clerks shot.
The bloody scene developed at the Madaba Deli on Huguenot Street and Centre Avenue around 12:30 a.m.
Police say two suspects, a man and a woman in their 20s, entered the business and held up the clerks.
It's unclear how the gunfire came about, but a 42-year-old employees was shot in the leg before the suspects fled without any cash.
On the way out of the store, the suspects tried to rob someone else, as well. But the 34-year-old resisted, and the gunman and his accomplice ran off empty handed.
The victim was taken to the hospital in stable condition with a graze wound and is expected to be okay.
Anyone with information on the suspects is asked to call authorities.
new rochelle, robbery, northern suburbs news
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92 29 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for missing...
5 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos