Northern Suburbs News
Westchester teen reports finding needle in loaf of bread
CARMEL, N.Y. (WABC) -- New York State police are investigating an incident in which a 15-year old boy found a hypodermic needle in a package of bread.
The boy's mother called police Friday, saying her son had found the needle while eating a slice of toast from a loaf of Bimbo brand sliced white bread.
The loaf had been purchased on Wednesday at the Stop & Shop Supermarket on Route 6, in Baldwin Place, in the Town of Somers.
The Stop & Shop Supermarket and Bimbo Bakeries were notified of the incident, as was the Westchester County Department of Health and the statewide Consumer Product Tampering database.
The family lived in Mahopac, N.Y.
Authorities are asking anyone with information to contact state police at 914-769-2600.
westchester county, westchester news, northern suburbs news
- Firefighters struggle to contain NJ forest fires
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Brush fire in Beachwood, New Jersey
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- Man brutalizes women with hammer in Astoria apartment
- Justin Bieber being held at LAX
- NYU investigating pro-Palestine 'eviction' fliers
- 9-year-old dies in fall from Bronx high-rise
- Suspect charged with throwing Molotov Cocktail into deli
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green