Northern Suburbs News
Westchester teen reports finding needle in loaf of bread
CARMEL, N.Y. (WABC) -- New York State police are investigating an incident in which a 15-year old boy found a hypodermic needle in a package of bread.
The boy's mother called police Friday, saying her son had found the needle while eating a slice of toast from a loaf of Bimbo brand sliced white bread.
The loaf had been purchased on Wednesday at the Stop & Shop Supermarket on Route 6, in Baldwin Place, in the Town of Somers.
The Stop & Shop Supermarket and Bimbo Bakeries were notified of the incident, as was the Westchester County Department of Health and the statewide Consumer Product Tampering database.
The family lived in Mahopac, N.Y.
Authorities are asking anyone with information to contact state police at 914-769-2600.
westchester county, westchester news, northern suburbs news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold 47 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review 8 min ago
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion 16 min ago
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
47 min ago