Northern Suburbs News
Rockland brush fire spreads to 85 acres
RAMAPO, New York (WABC) -- A brush fire in Rockland County is nearly contained Tuesday night.
At least 85 acres of land were charred in the fire on Torne Roade in Ramapo.
100 firefighters were on the ground from Mahwah, Rockland and Orange Counties.
There are no reports of any injuries, and no homes are threatened.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation and whether nearby Con Ed work had anything to do with the blaze.
rockland county, ramapo, fire, brush fire, northern suburbs news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Malaysian Airlines asks for help in hunt for missing plane
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter 21 min ago
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal 35 min ago
- Greenwich Village fatal bus-truck suspect due in court 10 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 27 min ago
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25 35 min ago
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building 6 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos