Northern Suburbs News
Rockland brush fire spreads to 85 acres
RAMAPO, New York (WABC) -- A brush fire in Rockland County is nearly contained Tuesday night.
At least 85 acres of land were charred in the fire on Torne Roade in Ramapo.
100 firefighters were on the ground from Mahwah, Rockland and Orange Counties.
There are no reports of any injuries, and no homes are threatened.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation and whether nearby Con Ed work had anything to do with the blaze.
rockland county, ramapo, fire, brush fire, northern suburbs news
- Fire tears through Carlstadt post office 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool 39 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire 13 min ago
- Boy found dead on building scaffolding in Bronx
- Yanks pitcher Pineda ejected for substance on neck
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
39 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos