Northern Suburbs News
Woman charged for slamming car in herd of cows in Orange County
MOUNT HOPE, New York (WABC) -- A 21-year-old woman has been arrested and charged in the accident where she allegedly ran in to a herd of cows while looking at her cell phone.
Daisy Cowit of Wawayanda was driving a jeep on Mountain Road on October 28th when she struck 6 cows and almost allegedly struck two farm workers as a herd of cows were crossing a street in Mount Hope.
Cowit was charged with two counts of Reckless Endangerment as well as other traffic violations.
"Hopefully this incident serves as a reminder of the dangers of distracted driving", said Mount Hope Police Chief Paul Rickard. "You cannot use your phone and drive, period. The actions of the driver seriously and needlessly injured cows but in addition she almost struck two people."
The Orange County District Attorney's Office assisted in the investigation. Cowit was issued an Appearance ticket and will be arraigned in Mount Hope Town Court on November 21 at 6pm. .
northern suburbs news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash