Northern Suburbs News
Woman charged for slamming car in herd of cows in Orange County
MOUNT HOPE, New York (WABC) -- A 21-year-old woman has been arrested and charged in the accident where she allegedly ran in to a herd of cows while looking at her cell phone.
Daisy Cowit of Wawayanda was driving a jeep on Mountain Road on October 28th when she struck 6 cows and almost allegedly struck two farm workers as a herd of cows were crossing a street in Mount Hope.
Cowit was charged with two counts of Reckless Endangerment as well as other traffic violations.
"Hopefully this incident serves as a reminder of the dangers of distracted driving", said Mount Hope Police Chief Paul Rickard. "You cannot use your phone and drive, period. The actions of the driver seriously and needlessly injured cows but in addition she almost struck two people."
The Orange County District Attorney's Office assisted in the investigation. Cowit was issued an Appearance ticket and will be arraigned in Mount Hope Town Court on November 21 at 6pm. .
northern suburbs news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls 16 min ago
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying 25 min ago
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run 55 min ago
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 46 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
46 min ago