Northern Suburbs News
Woman charged for slamming car in herd of cows in Orange County
MOUNT HOPE, New York (WABC) -- A 21-year-old woman has been arrested and charged in the accident where she allegedly ran in to a herd of cows while looking at her cell phone.
Daisy Cowit of Wawayanda was driving a jeep on Mountain Road on October 28th when she struck 6 cows and almost allegedly struck two farm workers as a herd of cows were crossing a street in Mount Hope.
Cowit was charged with two counts of Reckless Endangerment as well as other traffic violations.
"Hopefully this incident serves as a reminder of the dangers of distracted driving", said Mount Hope Police Chief Paul Rickard. "You cannot use your phone and drive, period. The actions of the driver seriously and needlessly injured cows but in addition she almost struck two people."
The Orange County District Attorney's Office assisted in the investigation. Cowit was issued an Appearance ticket and will be arraigned in Mount Hope Town Court on November 21 at 6pm. .
northern suburbs news
- 4 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem 38 min ago
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 13 min ago
- Water main eyed in East Harlem gas explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath & Beyond 46 min ago
- High winds damage power lines, Bed, Bath & Beyond store 9 min ago
- Haverstraw condo complex evacuated due to gas leak
- Major delays on NJ Transit after Newark tanker explosion
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- Alleged drunk driver rams crowd, kills 2 at SXSW in Texas