Northern Suburbs News
Wallkill possible road rage crash leaves woman dead, son hurt
WALLKILL (WABC) -- New York state police are seeking the public's help in finding the driver of a vehicle that was involved in an apparent road rage crash that claimed the life of a Middletown woman and injured her 9-year-old son.
Troopers say 27-year-old Tiffany Lesane was driving a dark blue Ford Focus on Interstate 84 in Wallkill around 3:15 p.m. Friday when she traveled into an embankment in the center median and overturned.
Lesane was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected from the vehicle.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Her son was treated at Westchester Medical Center for a head injury.
Troopers say witnesses reported that it appeared Lesane was involved in a road rage encounter with an unidentified light blue vehicle traveling in the same direction.
Anyone with information is asked to contact state police in Middletown at 845-344-5300.
(The Associated Press contributed to this report)
wallkill, middletown, orange county, road rage, accident, northern suburbs news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97