Northern Suburbs News
Wallkill possible road rage crash leaves woman dead, son hurt
WALLKILL (WABC) -- New York state police are seeking the public's help in finding the driver of a vehicle that was involved in an apparent road rage crash that claimed the life of a Middletown woman and injured her 9-year-old son.
Troopers say 27-year-old Tiffany Lesane was driving a dark blue Ford Focus on Interstate 84 in Wallkill around 3:15 p.m. Friday when she traveled into an embankment in the center median and overturned.
Lesane was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected from the vehicle.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Her son was treated at Westchester Medical Center for a head injury.
Troopers say witnesses reported that it appeared Lesane was involved in a road rage encounter with an unidentified light blue vehicle traveling in the same direction.
Anyone with information is asked to contact state police in Middletown at 845-344-5300.
(The Associated Press contributed to this report)
wallkill, middletown, orange county, road rage, accident, northern suburbs news
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem 22 min ago
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 23 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing 56 min ago
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage