Northern Suburbs News
New video of police chase, suspect on the loose
HARRISON, N.Y. (WABC) -- There is new video of a dangerous, high speed, chase through Westchester County into Connecticut and then back again.
It was especially dangerous for police because of what the driver tried to do and this guy is still on the loose.
The dashboard camera shows the car taking off and running from the police officer, and driving recklessly to lose him.
At one point the driver goes up on the curb, rounding a corner, and at another point the officer goes up in a yard.
But it all ends with the red car, which was stolen in New Jersey, stuck in the middle if a picket fence and bushes.
The driver was gone and there wasn't much in the car.
"As the police officer was pursuing the vehicle, the driver of the vehicle was throwing what appeared to be marijuana out the window and other contraband," said Anthony Marraccini, said the Harrison Police Chief.
Police immediately started to look for the driver, and the mayor's office issued an alert by phone.
"It was a recorded message and residents said that they should lock their doors and stay inside and that they were looking for a white male. It was very scary," a resident said.
The police have not released a name or a picture or even a sketch of the person they're looking for, though the sure seem to know who he is.
"We find that he has a very violent criminal history, so our search still continues for him, patrols are out there, actively looking for somebody," Chief Marraccini said.
"They haven't released a sketch or anything, they said he stole a car in New Jersey, so they've been releasing all the facts, but they haven't released a sketch or anything like that," a resident said.
westchester news, westchester county, harrison, police chase, northern suburbs news, jim dolan
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- Child, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 6 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos