Northern Suburbs News
Police still investigating mysterious Yonkers shooting
YONKERS (WABC) -- The mansion was under police guard for most of the day, as it has been since the shooting early Thursday morning - an incident that left a husband and wife injured. Emily and Ken Dearden of Yonkers both required medical attention. Emily suffered a head injury, he was shot in the ear, the exact circumstances are still under investigation. It comes a shock to those who know the high powered couple.
Ken Dearden is the Chairman of the Board of Yonkers Downtown Waterfront Business Improvement District. He is also a developer who has had a hand in transforming the area. In a 2008 Eyewitness News interviewed Dearden about his use of Youtube as a way to attract tennis to his high-end rental building.
Emily Dearden is a psychologist with the NYPD and an adjunct professor at John Jay College. As for what happened in their house on Pondfield Road West, police are not disclosing many details, but the incident is not considered a home invasion, and detectives are investigating the possibility the shooting stemmed from a domestic dispute.
Both are expected to recover.
northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- 90-minute delays linger after LIRR service suspension 39 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NYC home invasion robbery suspects caught on camera
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody 57 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures