Northern Suburbs News
Deadly police involved shooting in Middletown
MIDDLETOWN (WABC) -- Investigators are trying to sort out the details of a deadly police-involved shooting outside of a 24-hour convenience store in Middletown, Orange County.
The shooting happened outside of Sam's Convenience Mart on Academy Avenue in Middletown late Tuesday afternoon.
According to investigators, there was an altercation outside the store which continued inside. When police responded, they saw the suspect running out with a knife chasing another guy.
Two officers opened fire, officials said, but it is unknown how many times that they fired.
The man was taken to Orange and Rockland Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
Authorities do not know the identity of the suspect. He was not carrying any identification, officials said.
New York State Police are investigating.
middletown, orange county, police shooting, northern suburbs news
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause 1 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks 41 min ago
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Firefighters respond to brush fire near JFK
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for...
1 min ago