Northern Suburbs News
Deadly police involved shooting in Middletown
MIDDLETOWN (WABC) -- Investigators are trying to sort out the details of a deadly police-involved shooting outside of a 24-hour convenience store in Middletown, Orange County.
The shooting happened outside of Sam's Convenience Mart on Academy Avenue in Middletown late Tuesday afternoon.
According to investigators, there was an altercation outside the store which continued inside. When police responded, they saw the suspect running out with a knife chasing another guy.
Two officers opened fire, officials said, but it is unknown how many times that they fired.
The man was taken to Orange and Rockland Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
Authorities do not know the identity of the suspect. He was not carrying any identification, officials said.
New York State Police are investigating.
middletown, orange county, police shooting, northern suburbs news
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos