Northern Suburbs News
Remains found in Rockland County Park may be suspected killer
ROCKLAND COUNTY (WABC) -- Remains found in a Rockland County Park may belong to a suspected killer.
Members of Eugene Palmer's family say a friend found the remains in Harriman State Park.
Authorities will now examine the remains to determine if in fact they are those of 73-year-old Palmer. Investigators will meet with Palmer's family on Sunday.
Police suspect Palmer of fatally shooting his daughter-in-law in September 2012.
Some family members believe Palmer died in the woods due to diabetes, a heart condition, or other ailments.
rockland county, body found, northern suburbs news
- Large explosion, fire in East Harlem; at least 16 hurt 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live! 36 min ago
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 2 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25