Northern Suburbs News
Construction worker killed in Hudson Valley
MAYBROOK -- Authorities say one worker has been killed and two others injured in a construction accident in the Hudson Valley.
Maybrook Fire Department president Eric Scholz says the workers were pouring concrete into wooden forms as part of a New York City water supply project in the village when one of the structures gave way and toppled onto them at about 12:30 p.m. Monday.
He says two of the workers were freed within minutes, but it took several hours to get the body of the other out from under the wood and fresh concrete. The two survivors were taken to a hospital by helicopter. Scholz says he doesn't have the names of the victims. Eyewitness News has learned they are critically injured.
Maybrook is in Orange County, 58 miles north of New York City.
northern suburbs news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation