Northern Suburbs News
Construction worker killed in Hudson Valley
MAYBROOK -- Authorities say one worker has been killed and two others injured in a construction accident in the Hudson Valley.
Maybrook Fire Department president Eric Scholz says the workers were pouring concrete into wooden forms as part of a New York City water supply project in the village when one of the structures gave way and toppled onto them at about 12:30 p.m. Monday.
He says two of the workers were freed within minutes, but it took several hours to get the body of the other out from under the wood and fresh concrete. The two survivors were taken to a hospital by helicopter. Scholz says he doesn't have the names of the victims. Eyewitness News has learned they are critically injured.
Maybrook is in Orange County, 58 miles north of New York City.
northern suburbs news
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos