Northern Suburbs News
Freight train, truck collide in West Nyack
WEST NYACK (WABC) -- Crews remain on the scene where a freight train collided with a truck carrying cars in West Nyack.
The accident happened at the Pineview Road Crossing in the Rockland County community around 11:40 a.m.
The train and the car carriercaught fire, sending plumes of white smoke into the sky.
The driver of the car carrier, Esad Sadikovic, 55, from Jacksonville, FL was transferred to Westchester Medical Center. He is being treated for multiple fractures.
According to officials, the train is placarded to be carrying flammable liquids.
There were 2 engineers on the train. The train's driver was James McCormick, 30 and the second engineer was Ryan Pauley, 32, both from Jacksonville, FL. Neither sustained any injury.
The train was heading north on the tracks.
The exact cause of the accident is still under investigation. Th
Two vehicles on the car carrier were totaled.
northern suburbs news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97