Northern Suburbs News
Connecticut student due back in court on gun charges
NEW HAVEN (WABC) -- The student charged with carrying weapons onto a college campus in Connecticut returns to court Tuesday.
William Dong has been held on $500,000 bail since being picked up at the University of New Haven two weeks ago.
After his arrest, police found an assault rifle in his car and 2,700 rounds of ammunition at his home.
They also discovered newspaper clippings about the Colorado movie theater massacre in Aurora.
Dong, a 22-year-old suspended University of New Haven student, is scheduled to appear Tuesday in Milford Superior Court on charges including illegal possession of an assault weapon.
A judge earlier ordered a mental health evaluation.
No shots were fired and no one was injured in the December 3 scare at the West Haven campus, which was locked down for more than four hours.
connecticut news, connecticut, school lockdown, gun, new haven, northern suburbs news
- Guinness drops St. Pat's Day parade sponsorship 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow for some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago