Northern Suburbs News
Helicopter crashes at Westchester County Airport
RYE BROOK (WABC) -- Two people were injured when a helicopter crashed at Westchester County Airport in Rye Brook Saturday morning.
The H269 helicopter was attempting to land at about 8: 40 a.m. when it crashed alongside a runway and rolled onto its side.
Two people were on board, a student pilot and a trainer. Both were taken to a local hospital with minor injuries.
The FAA is investigating the cause of the crash.
The main runway at the airport was briefly closed after the crash but few other flights were delayed.
westchester county, helicopter crash, northern suburbs news
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest 56 min ago
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Arrests in counterfeit health and beauty products case
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Lonely Michigan boy gets GMA surprise party 58 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid...
56 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos