Northern Suburbs News
Yonkers shooting leaves 1 man dead, another wounded
YONKERS (WABC) -- Police in Yonkers say a shooting Friday night left one man dead and another injured.
At about 10:15 p.m., police responded to a report of shots fired in the area of Highland Avenue and Jackson Street.
They found a 38-year old Yonkers resident unresponsive inside a locked parked car. He was taken to Jacobi Hospital and pronounced dead. The victim's name has not yet been released.
A second man, a 28-year old Florida resident, had a small laceration to his head, possibly caused by a bullet.
He was treated at a local hospital and released.
Police say their investigation revealed that both men were attending a candlelight vigil for a man recently killed in a motorcycle accident in Queens.
Several shots were fired, but it is unclear whether the two were being targeted.
Anyone who has any information about the case is asked to call the Detective Division at 914-377-7724, all calls will remain confidential. Anonymous texts can also be sent to the Yonkers Police Department tip411 program by texting ypd plus the anonymous tip to 847411.
westchester news, westchester county, yonkers, shooting, northern suburbs news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen