Northern Suburbs News
Connecticut woman accused of trying to free puppies from pet store
NORWALK, CONNECTICUT (WABC) -- A Norwalk woman was arrested after police say she tried to set puppies free from a retail pet store in Westport, Connecticut.
Police say 23-year-old Anouk Govil was seen at the front doors of the Puppies of Westport shop early Wednesday morning.
After running from an officer she was confronted and police say she had a rock or chunk of concrete in her hand. She repeatedly said to officers that she was "Attempting to set the puppies free".
When officers checked the business they found damage to the front glass doors. Govil never gained entry to the store.
She was charged with Criminal Mischief and released on $500 bond to a family member.
connecticut news, connecticut, northern suburbs news
- Firefighters struggle to contain NJ forest fires
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Brush fire in Beachwood, New Jersey
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- Man brutalizes women with hammer in Astoria apartment
- Justin Bieber being held at LAX
- NYU investigating pro-Palestine 'eviction' fliers
- 9-year-old dies in fall from Bronx high-rise
- Suspect charged with throwing Molotov Cocktail into deli
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green