Northern Suburbs News
Tarrytown worker hurt when plow crashes through ice
TARRYTOWN (WABC) -- A tractor removing snow from a reservoir went through the ice and crashed into the water in Westchester County Thursday morning.
The incident happened at the Tarrytown Reservoir just before 11 a.m.
Police say the driver managed to escape the sinking rig before it was submerged.
He was rushed to the hospital by Greenburgh EMS with symptoms of hypothermia, and was treated and released.
Tarrytown Police say the Recreation Department was plowing snow off of the reservoir when it went through the ice. His identity has not been released.
The tractor was removed from the water after the incident.
westchester news, westchester county, tarrytown, ice, rescue, northern suburbs news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Malaysian Airlines asks for help in hunt for missing plane
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter 35 min ago
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal 49 min ago
- Greenwich Village fatal bus-truck suspect due in court 24 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 41 min ago
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25 49 min ago
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building 20 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos